To commemorate the centenary of Lloyd George’s premiership. the Friends of the Lloyd George Museum in Llanystumdwy have launched a fundraising appeal to help develop the museum.
This appeal will help secure the future of the museum and all the work we do in preserving and sharing the life and times of this great man.
Our centenary plans include the following and donations will be used towards these proposals
- A new exhibition at the museum about his life and political contribution especially as Prime Minister during the First World War
- Workshops, lectures and events that explore the role of Prime Ministers and democracy during war and peacetime
- An exhibition at several locations on “Images of Lloyd George’ exploring how the image of Lloyd George was promoted through paintings, photographs, postcards, ceramics and more
- Creating a new work of art in partnership with the Community Art Unit of Cyngor Gwynedd
- Building partnerships with other institutions to share collections, knowledge and research
- Developing the library as an educational resource and study area
We are also planning a celebration dinner in London to commemorate the day Lloyd George became Prime Minister and look forward to publising details soon
Appeal Co-ordinator – Elizabeth George
- Philip George (President)
- Emrys Williams (Chairman)
- Nesta Jones (Treasurer)
- Richard Roberts (Secretary)
- Nest Thomas (Lloyd George Museum)